November 03, 2008

It figures...

It's been over 20 years since I last had to suffer from poison ivy. I had hoped to have a longer record of avoidance but, alas, the universe saw fit to curse me with the tiny, itcy blisters....at the end of summer....after one rummage through the leaves in my small garden to harvest a few green onions...leaves that were stored from last year in a sheltered area...and no evidence of any poison plants in my yard during the past five years...

I'm mystified how this ONE time I came into contact with a leaf when I've been doing a lot of landscaping in the past five years. My only conclusion is that it must have blown in there. *sigh*

I'd forgotton how painful and annoying the rash is. Rest assured, I'll be investigating the garden soon to eradicate the offending leaves, but this time wearing elbow-length yellow rubber gloves!

No comments: