December 27, 2008

Bull shit and Imaginiff...

Some of Shayna's friends came over last night to play cards and games. We started with Battle of the Sexes but it quickly became tedious since none of us knew the answers. We switched to Imaginiff, which ended up pretty funny! Aside from not knowing everyone well enough to be able to accurately guess an answer for the question, I felt sure enough of my judgement of character to make an effort. (i.e. Imaginiff Travis was a famous fictitious character, which would he be? Smokey the Bear, Spongebob Squarepants, ....) After Imaginiff we switched to cards with a competitive game of Rhummy followed by many rounds of Bullshit. I'd never played Bullshit before but it was fun. I'll have to remember that one for another day.

This morning Jill the Wonder Dog once again had me up before anyone else. Once everyone was ready to face the day, we were on our way to Busch Gardens to meet Shayna's friends. Between yesterday's walkabout at Gatorland and today's walkabout at Busch Gardens, my legs and ankles are aching ferociously! Maybe it's time to get new tennis shoes... Anyhow, we viewed tons of animals at the Gardens in between walking through shops and eyeing the big roller coaster that had stopped mid-ride with passengers trapped in not-so-good places. In the souvenir shops, I had a few specfic things I was looking for but didn't find them...nor did I find a substitute good enough to make me open my wallet. That's okay though. I'd rather not buy anything that have junk sitting around.

One of the most interesting animal exhibits involved a newly constructe area that allows the public to interact more with the animals. For example, the tiger enclosure was partially made of thick plastic or glass so that the animals could come up within a foot of visitors. Also, they had what they called a "tiger pop up", a plastic/glass bubble like feature in the tiger's enclosure. Underneath was a tunnel that visitors could use to access the pop up and get a different view, possibly even be surrounded by tigers. The gorilla exhibit was also like this and we were treated to seeing a mother gorilla playing with her baby right by the wall of plastic/glass.

We also saw a possum with recessive features, which some would automatically think...albino? This possum actually was the other way...it had black tips on white fur! It was pretty interesting to see. It's tail was half black and half white, really kind of bizarre but I thought it a much more attractive color than gray.

After we'd seen nearly everything to see, we headed out for a steak dinner and planned an early night. We're tired!!

P.S. The meerkats are just as cute in person as they are on Animal Planet's "Meerkat Manor".

1 comment:

Ed said...

It's been a long time since I played bullshit. As I remember, it was kind of like go fish except that you didn't necessarily have to tell exactly how many of something you had if you could get away with it.