August 22, 2004

Guacamole green vs. spanky white

I spent today with my brother. He's so awesome. When I had vehicle problems last weekend, he helped me replace a vital part in my door so I would have a fully functioning window (very important when there's a lot of rain in the forecast) and wouldn't take anything for his trouble. Because I ask my brother and parents for help with projects often and I don't want them to feel unappreciated, I always offer an exchange of hard labor. He was a very agreeable with that. My father spoke up at the moment stating that my brother still had not painted his bedroom although he had purchased the paint several months ago. There you have it. Perfect! I painted his bedroom.

I actually really like painting. There's nothing like seeing a room being tranformed by something so simple as a coat of paint! I asked him what color he had gotten.....the answer? White. *sigh* WHITE! After a decade of apartment renting, I have an aversion to white walls UNLESS there's a specific reason for it to be white. Being crafty and having only recently purchased a gallon of Guacamole Green paint (that wasn't such a great complementary color to very VERY red accent wall), I took it to his house to show him the color. I told him we could paint one wall green, which would look fantastic contrasted against three white walls. He liked the color so I did it. One guacamole green wall and three spanky white walls. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself....and my sister confided in me later that my brother really does like it. Yes! Maybe I'll have converted him to color. There is the rest of his house yet that could be painted....muhahahahha.

Alas, I still have a half gallon of the green. Hrmmm...I do still have the 2nd bedroom in my house. I could use it there since I haven't chosen any specific design for it yet. I'll have to tuck that thought away until it comes time to fix that room. I need to finish the 1st bedroom before I can start on another project. I did find some paint to go with the red accent wall, but I don't really care for it. Oh well. I foolishly bought TWO gallons of that color. It'll just have to do! I console myself with the thought that at least I'm eradicating the overwhelming coverage of pepto bismo pink that the former owner used to paint the ENTIRE 2ND FLOOR! ICK! (No joking, the trim, stair banister, walls and ceilings....in two bedrooms, one bathroom, and the hallway....ALL pink. Match that with 50's green tile linoleum and it's quite a sight!)

No comments: